315 State Street, Albany NY 12210 | 518.462.2601 | NYGOP.org
November 5, 2014
While last night may not have been everything we hoped it would be, it was still a banner year for Republicans here in New York.
At the top of the ticket, Rob Astorino, Chris Moss, Bob Antonacci and John Cahill made us proud. Rob was an outstanding team captain, and crossed the crucial 40% threshold against an incumbent Governor with a $45 million war chest and four years to prepare for reelection. This was the best team of statewide candidates we’ve had in recent memory.
With strength at the top of the ticket, Republicans were primed to win other races – and we did.
We have retaken an outright majority in the State Senate. To put that in context, in the ten most Democratic states in the Nation, there are twenty houses of the legislature, and only one is in Republican control: our New York State Senate.
We also had tremendous success in our US House races: every one of our incumbents was reelected, and we picked up three seats to expand our Congressional delegation to nine, the highest point since the 2004 election and up from a low of two following the 2008 election.
Among our new members of Congress are future leaders of our Party: Lee Zeldin is a veteran with a record of cutting taxes who will be the only Republican member of Congress of the Jewish faith. Elise Stefanik is the youngest woman ever elected to Congress, of any party. John Katko is a distinguished Assistant U.S. Attorney who won with nearly 60% of the vote against an incumbent in a very Democratic district in a race many expected to be very close.
We have also expanded our caucus in the State Assembly with a few state and federal races still too close to call.
Without a strong top of the ticket, many of these gains would not have been possible. But our work isn’t done – 2015 will be a year of strengthening our party from the bottom to the top and winning local elections to set the stage for 2016.
I’ll leave you these words from Rob’s speech last night: We’ve planted a flag, and we’ll be back to advance it.
Onward and upward!
Recent WRFNY Posts
- Once again, again, AGAIN… New York ranks among the 2 worst states having the worst tax climate in the nation! October 22, 2017
- On Sunday, Americans Will Be Free, BUT in NY you’re still rendering unto Caesar (Cuomo) until May 11th !!! April 22, 2017
- Hey Glick, ever here of freedom and personal liberty, to do or not to do: “NY lawmakers with dumb ideas”! March 19, 2017
- Operation Push Back: NYState Death Spiral – Regarding needed welfare reform and opposition to (not) free college tuition January 29, 2017
- COX: CUOMO, DE BLASIO POLITICAL MANEUVERS PUTTING NATIONAL SECURITY AT RISK – Destruction of IDNYC Records is Obstruction of Justice January 29, 2017
- With Gratitude and Thanksgiving: From two of the finest true blue American Patriots November 25, 2016
- 9-11 Always remember / never forget September 11, 2016
- Not just deluded, and more than just fools – LIARS: Cuomo Administration Claims SAFE Act Would Have Stopped Orlando Attack, Quickly Proven Wrong! June 20, 2016
- Yikes! Gov. Cuomo just socked NY businesses yet again – as if we arent already one of the most expensive and difficult places to do business! April 11, 2016
- Wrong for NY: Minimum Wage Reality Check Releases New Ad – negative impacts on small businesses, family farms, taxpayers and consumers. March 21, 2016
- PP Alexander: Merry Christmas! December 24, 2015
- We’re waiting, Long overdue: Cuomo could face next guilty verdict in potential probe December 13, 2015
- And good riddance to you two: GUILTY! FORMER SENATE LEADER SKELOS AND SON CONVICTED ON ALL 8 CORRUPTION COUNTS! December 13, 2015
- Our State Deserves Better: Corrupt Democrat Assembly Dictator Guilty, and gone; good riddance Mr Silver! December 5, 2015
- With Gratitude and Thanksgiving November 26, 2015
- The 11th Hour, of the 11th Day, of the 11th Month; and Everyday – We Honor and Remember America’s Veterans! November 11, 2015
- Exclusive: Obamacare’s Failed NY Co-Op Drew Most Consumer Complaints; And now 10’s of thousands of NY’ers will lose thei r insurance again! October 18, 2015
- N.Y. RANKS 46TH FOR FISCAL HEALTH: REPORT / Our pension bomb still swells, our state debt one of the worst in the nation September 28, 2015
- NY Assemblyman Democrat William Boyland Jr. sentenced to 14 years for felony corruption!!! September 27, 2015
- US Attorney Bharara investigating Cuomo’s pricey Buffalo Billion project / Cuomo Control Spawns Twin Progeny of Crony Capitalism and Corrupt Contracting September 27, 2015
WRFNY Post Archives
WRFNY Post Categories
Take Action – Tools/Links
NY (un)SAFE Act opposition
- NYSRPA Endorsed Candidates 2017 October 20, 2017
- Judge Christi J. Acker for NYS Supreme Court Justice, August 21, 2017
- The winners are August 9, 2017
- Historical Financial Information May 20, 2017
- NYSRPA-PVF May 18, 2017
- V O T E J O H N L . C U S H M A N FOR NRA BOARD April 24, 2017
- Sportsman’s Expo 2017 May 20th January 19, 2017
- PISTOL PERMIT RE-CERTIFICATION January 9, 2017
Join SCOPE in its fights for our 2A Rights
Oppose Common Core today !
Mandate Relief Center
Contact Your State Officials (CapWiz Tool)